Chaotic Roleplaying

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chaotic Roleplaying

Roleplaying Forum.

Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete)

Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:
    Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete) Left_bar_bleue1/1Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete) Empty Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete)

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm

(This is an Optional side story)

This story takes place between Fragile Hearts, and Vague Decisions.

Stories aren't always of one group of people. Sometimes, they intertwine with a second group, that's trying to do the same mission as them.

This brings us to a girl called Fate. On the other side of the world from Rikka and the others, Fate travels with Joey. Two years after Kalne's death.

Last edited by Tika_Keiga on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:
    Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete) Left_bar_bleue1/1Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete) Empty Re: Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete)

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Footsteps few against the stone path. Heavy breathing accompanied it. It was the sound of someone running. She had long white haired and it was tied back. She wore a long sleeved black shirt and beige pants. She wore runners shoes common to the Empiral capital. She remembered the events of two minutes ago.

------------------

There was a flash of light, and a being stood between her and the attackers. "Fate. Run!" He said as he pushed forward and sent a wave of bright magic at the enemies, blinding them for a little bit. "Go!"

Fate nodded with tears in her eyes. She turned and ran. Still hearing the sounds of swords hitting each other.

------------------

She had thought of reaching back for her book, but something kept her from doing so. She got to a flight of stairs and started running down them. Suddenly her foot caught on something and she flew forwards.

She felt her fall against something soft, and something wrap around her. Fate could feel that she was rolling don the stairs but didn't feel any pain.

When she came to a stop she opened her eyes, and saw she was on top a boy with long purple hair.

He smiled back to her. "I didn't know a complete and cute stranger would love me so much."

Fate blushed and got up. "It was nothing like that. I tripped is all."

He sat up. "Oh really?" He yawned.

From the top of the stairs, sounds of fighting rang out.

"Hmm?" The boy wondered.

Suddenly the green haired boy flew back and off the stairs. he flipped in the air and landed on his feet behind the two. "Fate. They're strong." His glasses were cracked. He wore a beige shirt under a black coat. White pants and running shoes. He had been cut in several places. "It seems I have no choice." Suddenly a pair of brilliant white wings spread out from his back. He took a running step and met with the figures climbing down the stairs.

The black clad warriors slowly were making an advance, pushing the green haired boy back.

The purple haired boy sighed. "Guess I came at a bad time." He pulled out his black sword.

Black clad figures approached from behind them.

"I'll take care of them." Suddenly a dark aura appeared around him as he attacked the figures.

Fate looked at the winged boy then to the dark boy. "Enough she yelled." She reached back and pulled out her book. "Fleeting white in a sea of blue. You who floats on the wind. I summon you of the fleeting sky. Cloud! Protect us!"

There was a rush of wind as the air became heavy. A fog appeared and grouped in one area. It suddenly formed a large white tiger with black stripes.

Joey retreated to fate's side. The other boy did the same. And a barrier formed around them.

The black figures surrounded the four of them.

"Cloud please protect us. But try not to kill them." Fate pleaded.

The tiger nodded and roared.

Black magic started to resonate between the warriors.

Suddenly cloud attacked.

----------------------

Joey was kneeling over Fate, her energy drained from the summon. He looked up at the boy. "So who are you?"

He was standing over one of the figures. "The names Gawl. Who are you?"

"I'm Joey and this is Fate."

"Ah I heard of her. The great summoner from the calm lands."

Joey stood up and pulled out his sword, then pointed it at Gawl. "So what will you do?"

Gawl put his hand on his chin. "Well I was just gonna pass through. But since you seem to have a need to fight." Gawl pulled out his own sword.

"Please don't." Fate said as she sat up.

Joey hesitated and sheathed his sword.

"Whatever." Gawl said as he turned his sword and stabbed one of the warriors. Blood started to pool. He pulled it out, wiped the blood on the figure's clothes and sheathed it. He turned and walked away.

Joey kneeled down and helping Fate up as he disappeared from view.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete) Empty Re: Summoner's Beginnings (Book 1.8 - Complete)

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Fate's head rested against Joey. She was asleep.

The two were sitting in the back of a wagon as it trudged along the sun filled road. It was around noon. The driver silent as he led the horse along.

Joey looked down at her. He thought she looked so peaceful. I will continue to protect you. He promised silently. He placed his arm around her and let her steal his warmth.

---------------------------

A few hours later...

Fate was still sleeping, but alone in the back of the wagon. Joey had followed the driver to talk with some people who blocked the road.

She woke up and rubbed her eyes. Fate looked around and saw the two. She smiled. It was one of the few times she had seen him not overexerting himself. She sat up and stretched.

"So this is what a summoner does all day?" A voice said suddenly close.

Fate jumped a bit before looking at the figure. "You shouldn't sneak up on people you know. It's rude."

Gawl was leaning on the wagon, he turned and looked at the girl. "I'm a demon, I don't care much for manners."

"Then why are you following us?" He asked.

He turned away. "I was bored, I thought if I followed you, I'd get to fight more warriors like those back at those stairs."

She leaned on the wagon's railing and nudged him. "Is that all?"

"Yea." He took a step away. "So what was him back there when I said I knew who you were?" He was looking towards Joey.

"Most people who know who we are, are trying to kill us. The few who don't, usually try to trap us." She sat and put her back against the railing. She took out her book, opened it, and started scanning pages.

"Seems like you need some help then."

"So your saying your willing to protect me?"

"If it gets me good fights, then yes. I'd die to protect you." Gawl smiled.

She didn't look up from her book. "Somehow I think Joey will have a problem with that."

"Hmm?" Gawl looked to where he had last seen joey and found a sword leveled at him. He sighed. "This again?"
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:31 am

Joey's eyes examined the demon. "Why are you here?"

"Just my natural curiosity I guess." Gawl looked at Joey. "Do we really have to go through this each time. Listen. Let me ride with you guys to whatever town your going to, and I'll explain in more detail."

Joey looked over to Fate.

She just shrugged back at him.

"Fine. But I will protect her, so don't try anything."

Gawl threw a few gold coins at the driver who had watched the exchange. Whatever the driver had been going to say, he bit his tongue when he was thrown the gold.

Gawl jumped into the wagon and sat opposite of the two.

The wagon pulled out and passed the people on the road.

Suddenly smiling. Gawl spoke out. "Beautiful day isn't it?"
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:40 am

After a brief conversation about the weather, there was a long silence. The wagon bumping ever once in awhile, due to rocks and ditches on the road.

Gawl eyed the two out of the corner of his eye. He watched as Fate read things to Joey. Joey smiling back. "Listen." Gawl interrupted.

The two looked towards Gawl.

"I don't care for the reasons you travel or why people are trying to kill you. But I'm willing to help." Gawl paused.

"So why would a demon who doesn't care, help?" Joey stated.

"I don't really know myself. But that's not the bigger problem. I assume you've been with Fate for awhile."

Fate blushed a bit at the comment even though it wasn't meant as it sounded.

"About three years..."

"Yes. But it seems protecting her is taking a toll on you. I can clearly see you can't protect her fully. So I'm offering my help. I assume more people like those black clad warriors will show up again. And I, above all else, love to fight. So you see, there's a mutual agreement here."

"I'm listening."

"As long as more warriors present themselves, I will glad cut them down. This solves your problem of not being able to protect her. You can just watch me slaughter them if you want..."

"No. I will decline. Just because they are after me, I don't want to see anyone get hurt on my behalf. I just won't." Fate said with feeling.

Gawl leaned back and glanced up at the sky. "Hmm."

There was another long silence.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:09 am

Fate and Joey got off the wagon and thanked the driver. Then they took off into the city.

Gawl followed after them, and followed them him a distance.

The two just ignored him for awhile.

------------------

Once out of earshot the two talked.

"So what do you think?"

"He's a warrior and blood thirsty. But I can see a kinder side to him." Fate replied.

Joey sighed. "I meet a few demons before I met you. They can be... unpredictable. I assume he's no different."

Fate sighed. "If I knew he wouldn't kill everything, then I would be tempted by his offer." Fate had thought about the events from her kidnapping, to the black-clad warriors. "The people who are coming after me, keep getting stronger, and I can already see the strain it's putting on you."

"Don't worry about me. I will protect you, even if it costs my life. I promised you that, didn't I?"

Fate hugged him. "Yea." She felt his warmth.

Joey blushed a bit, but maintained his composure. He knew they could be attacked at any time, and he never knew when.

Fate let her hug fall off, and she looked towards Gawl. "I really don't know."

-------------------

Gawl got bored of following them. Then he got bored watching them talk. He looked up at the sky. "I will protect you Fate, even if you don't want me to." Gawl said to himself. The truth was that Gawl didn't remember anything from before a few days before Fate fell onto him.

When he had touched Fate for the first time, an overwhelming feeling came over him. He instantly knew he had to protect her, even if it cost him his life. He couldn't explain why he felt it, he just did.

The only other experience he had like that was on his second day, when he first fought. The rush of being so close to death, if he made a single mistake. While he had never fought before, he found his body seemed to already know how to fight. So he let his instincts take over during battle. He would continue doing so, until he got the hang of fighting, but for now it was enough.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:11 am

Gawl examined the surrounding buildings, and instantly unsheathed his sword. He suddenly jumped up and out of sight.

Fate watched him suddenly vanish. "Where'd he go?"

There was a small explosion on a nearby roof. Suddenly someone fell and landed on the stones in front of Fate. The figure went for their weapon and drew it.

Before Joey had a chance to act, Gawl suddenly leaped down and landed a hard kick at the figure's skull.

The person went limp.

Gawl grabbed the blade and threw it to the side, he pulled off the mask.

The man was average to say the least. Though he had a slightly skinning build, and seemed to be flexible.

Joey now stood between Fate and the two.

Gawl punched the man again, to make sure he was knocked out. He sighed and stood up fully and stretched. "He didn't even put up a fight. What a weakling." He walked away.

---------------

Joey leaned now and found a dark brooch hidden under his collar. He recognized the seal on it. "He's with the group we met back in the other city."

"Really?"

"Yes, He wears one of their brooches. I was the black warriors wearing them when we fought. It seems they found us again." Joey watched Gawl walk away. How did you know he was there.

"Hmm." Fate knew what this meant, they'd be on the move for a few days. While hoping to avoid a conflict with the group.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:35 am

Fate and Joey never got out of the city that night.

---------------------

They had planned on staying the night in the city, then making their way again. Also hoping to ditch Gawl in the process. Though they hadn't seen him, both were sure he was around.

Spending the last of their money, Fate and Joey stayed at a small Inn for the night.

---------------------

Gawl sat on a roof. His sword was out and he was sliding a black square rock against it. Most people could tell he was sharpening his blade. Small sparks flying off now and again.

He was illuminated by the second smaller moon. The larger moon still had yet to rise.

He didn't feel sleepy, but he had been bored. Gawl eventually laid on the roof and closed his eyes.

---------------------

Movement through the darkness as seven figures silently crept through the night.

---------------------

Joey's eyes felt heavy. He had been sitting in a chair next to the door, in case anything happened. But he felt tired. He hadn't gotten a full night's sleep since before the black clad warriors fought them. Then with the man that Gawl found, he knew it wasn't safe.

But Joey fought an impossible battle and soon fell asleep.

Fate slept on one of the two beds, above the blanket and still in her clothes. Her book, still in her hand. Summer was in full bloom in this area, so under a blanket would have been too hot. And she was too embarrassed to sleep in her night clothes unless under a blanket.

---------------------

The figures pushed on the door lightly, testing for traps. Then they pushed on the door.

Joey fell to the floor. Had had positioned his sword to hit him if it opened, but the suddenly jolt had knocked him off his chair. He suddenly woke up groggy. In the dim moonlight he sought out figures at the door. He was about to grab his blade when someone was suddenly behind him, and stuck him in a choke hold. Joey struggled and then spoke aloud. "Fate. Wake up!" Then his mouth got covered by something. Joey felt magic ripple through the air.

--------------------

Hearing something loud, fate slowly woke up. She sat up and rubbed her eyes looking for what had woken her.

The figures suddenly went to one knee.

When Fate's eyes finally adjusted to the light she was frightened by the suddenly intrusion. "Who are you, and what have you done with Joey?"

"He has... Been taken care of." One figure said politely. "He will not be here."

Joey struggled, by the man who held him, seemed to have an enormous amount of strength. Then it hit him. Magics were being used to bind and hide them. Though he kept strugglng.

"What have you done with him."

"He is safe... For now. Your choice will dictate what happens to him." The figure removed his mask, to show a middle aged man with one eye scarred.

-----------------------------

Gawl's eyes opened. While he didn't specifically hear anything, he felt someone call out Fate. Swiftly he got up and jumped off the roof.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:42 am

"Summoner. We need you power. The enemies of our nation seek to destroy us, only the summon spirits can hope to stop the coming slaughter of our people." The lowered his head.

Fate stood up and got off the bed. She examined the men. "No. I will not be used to hurt others. I've caused enough pain and suffering. I won't be responsible for more violence."

"Very well." He stood up and snapped his fingers. "Kill her guardian."

The men nodded and moved towards the door.

Joey couldn't move or contact Fate.

"Stop." She paused. "Leave him out of this. I... will go with you." She picked up her book and walked over to them regretfully.

"Good choice. Now, let's be off the harbor." The 3 of the figures followed after the man. Then the man singled to the remaining men.

They nodded.

The man left the Inn and the group started off towards the harbor.

---------------------

Joey clutched his side. Three men stood over him. The largest had punched him in the stomach, knocking his wind out. But Joey refused to fall, instead he rose to his feet.

Another fist came down and hit Joey's face, sending him into the wall, with a thud.

Joey wiped the blood from his mouth. "I won't forgive you."

Two of the men laughed. While the third pulled out a ninja blade as he watched the window.

Glass shattered inward, a surge of air entered the room.

Gawl's demonic energy dispersed. "What happened to Fate?" He asked.

"Their leader forced her to go with him, and It's my fault."

"Then get back up and reclaim her, idiot." Gawl surged forward as the first man attacked.

Their blades clashed briefly before Gawl punched him in the stomach and threw him out the broken window. A loud thud could be heard.

The bigger man unsheathed his long sword, and took dueler's stance. He went at Gawl and the two dueled.

While the last man pulled out his sword and started towards Joey.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:56 am

Gawl's blade shot straight through the large man, and blood exploded from the other side. "Enjoy hell." With that Gawl chopped off his head. He suddenly turned and jumped out the window.

------------

Joey dived and got a hold of his sword. He took it out of it's sheath and their two swords clashed. Joey feinted right then suddenly went left. He caught the man off guard and finished him off quickly. He jumped out the window.

------------

Joey caught up with Gawl, who was moving incredible fast. "Your going out of your way."

"It's not something I enjoy doing, but I said I'd protect her didn't I?"

Joey examined Gawl. "We'll see how you do if we get her back." With a burst of speed he passed Gawl.

Gawl smirked, and also sped up.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:01 pm

Fate followed the scarred man. "Why do you want my power? And how did you find out about me?"

"There are many things greater then you. The summon spirits are needed to protect my country."

"I only have made a pact with the summon of clouds. So I'm not much help."

"We know the locations of other summons. We will help you get more power."

"Is that all you want? Power? it will corrupt you." Fate said with an odd look in her eye.

The scarred man led them onto the dock where a ship was waiting for them. "That may be, as long as my country survives, I'll accept the consequences."

Fate suddenly felt Joey's aura. "I will not be used as a tool of death." She held out her book, "Fiery burden." A wave of fire shot out at the man.

The man quickly grabbed one of his comrades and used him as a sheild. The man screamed and burned, then became limp.

Fate started running in the opposite direction.

Suddenly another figure was beside fate and got ready to hit, and disable her.

------------------------

"Comet strike!" Joey flew out then down, and cut the man off, just before he hit Fate. "Like hell I'd let you hurt her."

"Joey." Fate said happily.

Gawl suddenly cut down a man that was going to attack Fate from the other side.

"And Gawl." Fate smiled at him.

"Don't think too much about it." Gawl had a hint of red in his face.

The scarred man dropped his burnt comrade, then kicked him into the river. His then reached back and pulled out his katana from the sheath on his back. "Why must everything be so difficult with you people."
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:23 pm

The sky was cloudy. Dawn was still a few hours away.

The scarred man jumped back, and deflected blows from both Joey and Gawl. He slid back then relaxed. "We will be back." He said angrily.

The boat started moving, and the man jumped on at the last second.

---------------------

Lightening cracked across the sky. Soon followed by rain.

Fate suddenly jumped, and with eyes closed she grabbed onto the closest person.

"Wrong person." Gawl said, blushing a bit.

Fate looked up at Gawl. "Sorry." She cringed as another bolt streaked across the sky.

"She's not fond of lightening." Joey said walking up to the two. "The man is gone, but it seems like he'll be back."

Fate grabbed Joey and dug her head into his clothes.

Joey blushed a little. His hand fell onto her head. "Let's get you out of the rain." With that Joey led her back to the Inn. He looked behind to see what Gawl was gonna do.

Gawl looked up at the sky as rain fell onto him.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:25 am

The storm didn't lighten up by daybreak. But Joey knew they'd be out of the city. He also knew he couldn't defend Fate by himself. So he let Gawl join them... for now.

Lightened cracked across the sky, followed by loud thunder.

Fate hid under a blanket as the Caravan left the city.

They had convinced a caravan of people to give them passage. In return, Joey and Gawl had to defend it should raiders try to take it.

They found it a good deal, since they had been out of money.

The rain was heavy, Joey and Gawl were soaked as they rode on opposite sides of the wagon Fate was in.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:31 pm

The sky had cleared after a few hours of traveling. But they were still a far way off their destination. It was around Noon now. The sun was beating down. The surrounding countryside was getting less green by the second. They were entering an Arid area.

Fate was reading more of her book.

Gawl and Joey were still keeping lookout as they rode alongside.

------------------

Up on an overlooking hill, a figure laid upon the ground. Hidden under a cloak, the person was hidden from eyes. The person was looking through a pair of binoculars. Large brown eyes examined the caravan as it passed.

Suddenly another cloaked figure appeared beside the first. A briskly male's voice came from under the hood. "How does it look?"

A girl's voice replied from the first cloak. "Same as usual, except they have two unknowns. They look harmless enough. But one has pointed ears..."

"A demon perhaps?"

"I'm not completely sure."

"We still gonna raid it?"

"Our supplies are low. So we have to. Wait until they enter the desert though."

"I'll tell the others." The man vanished as he walked away.

Looking where her comrade had just disappeared she smiled, then looked back at the caravan. "We'll see what happens."
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 pm

The hills of sand stretched on for more then the eye could see.

Gawl was hot and he let those around him know it. He was leaning too forward on his horse, and had a annoyed expression on his face. "Ugh. I hate deserts." He said it so enough people could hear him, that they would be annoyed.

Fate held the blanket above her to keep the sun from touching her directly. She contemplated summoning Cloud for awhile. But decided against it because she knew it'd drain her mana and they'd be vulnerable for awhile.

Joey on the other hand , didn't seem phased by the heat. Whenever Fate glanced at him, she still wasn't sure, if he just hid it, or that it didn't bother him.

-------------

The sand dunes started to become erratic, and on both sides rose rather larger then usual dunes.

As soon as they entered, Gawl, sat up straight and looked to Joey.

Joey nodded.

Both had an uneasy feeling.

-------------

"Marvelous."

"Ma'am?"

"The two new ones, have seen through our trap."

"We still gonna raid?"

"Yes, leave those two to me." The brown eyes seemed happy as she took position. The person unsheathed two twin daggers. One in each hand. She waited to give the order.

--------------

As soon as the caravan was in the center, Joey and Gawl jumped off their mounts, and pulled out their swords.

"Raiders!" A voice called out in front.

Suddenly more then two dozen cloaked figures appeared from their hiding places and attacked. But they were trying to disarm, rather then kill.

The two took a step forward when suddenly a cloak landed before them. Her brown eyes examined them quickly.

Fate didn't know what was going on, but she couldn't feel any killing intent. So she got her book ready just in case. Then she saw a figure near Gawl and Joey.

The two took stance.

Her daggers flashed, as she made the sun bounce off them and into their eyes.

Without knowing it, both held up a hand to cover their eyes, then realized they had let their guards down.

The girl took a few steps forward then jumped and stood on her hands. "Sand twister." She said and spun herself. She hit both of them with a whirling kick, sending them both flying.

Joey hit a dune hard.

Gawl landed on his feet and rushed forward.

The girl got onto her feet and met Gawl's blade with her daggers.

Gawl laughed a bit. "You are a worthy opponent."

"Demons got nothing on me." The girl said suddenly lashing out at Gawl quickly.

The two began a quick duel and it was clear she was winning.

Suddenly Joey attacked her from behind.

But she already had her dagger out and Joey's sword screeched against it.

The girl looked both ways. Then she saw Fate and winked at her. Suddenly she gathered the mana in the air.

Gawl and Joey tried to pull away but their blades seemed to be caught in something.

"Desert Striker." She called out her second move. Sand and hot air suddenly rushed towards the three of them.

Both held their arms to cover their eyes from the sand.

Swiftly sheathing her daggers she roundhouse kicked both of them.

"We're done here." A cloaked comrade yelled to her.

She jumped back and back flipped to the top of the closest Sand Dune. She pulled down her hood and smiled.

Finally recovering the three of them looked to the figure.

She had large brown eyes, and medium length blond hair. Two dark cat ears poked out from her hair. "See ya around sometime." She smiled and vanished.

The last of the raiders also vanished, with whatever they had stolen. leaving the caravan in a confused mess.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:44 am

"So that was a girl."

"Yea."

"Dammit." Gawl said.

"What's wrong with that?" Fate said coming up beside him.

"I dunno. It's just. Something inside my head. It's nothing."

"Anyway." Joey said looking at the rest of the Caravan. "We should make sure everyone's ok."

With that the three headed towards the other wagons and such.

------------------

"Well it's good no one died." Fate said happily.

"We're not always this lucky, Missy." The Caravan headman said. "Sometimes they try to kill us."

"So what will you do?"

"They usually only take the odd caravan. If we head back, and restock, our second journey should be uneventful." The man said.

"Why does the Desert Raiders even exist?" Joey asked.

"It's a long story. one I would prefer not to talk about. But if you head north from here, you'll come to the oasis village of Palnor. Their usually more open about talking about it." He thought for a moment. "Feel free to take the wagon and draw horses you were guarding earlier. They are of no use to us now.

"Thank you." Fate said smiling at the man.

The man blushing a bit. "Whatever." He turned and began yelling to everyone that they were heading back.

-----------------

After getting their Wagon out of the way for the Caravan's turning. They waved goodbye and took off in different directions.

Gawl laid down and went limp. "It's hot." He stated.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:01 am

After a long day, and night, of traveling. As well as Gawl's loud complaining. The three of them could finally see their destination in the distance. They were all parched and picked up the pace to reach the village.

---------------

Palnor was a peaceful city. It sat beside a large lake. A few trees and other greenery lined it's waters. But beyond that was the blazing desert. The village was made up of a few dozen buildings, and had no fortification of any kind.

The three led the horse and wagon into Palnor.

They saw a few people walking and glancing at them as they passed. A few kids ran by, playing a game of tag.

"Long way from home aren't you?" A man asked as they entered the small square that was the center of the town.

"Yes. Do you know where we can find a place to sell this?" Joey indicated the wagon and horse.

The man pointed behind him. An almost empty stable sat there. Only one horse was occupying it. "I'll by them. But the desert isn't a nice place to the animals. Many die quickly. Thus I can't pay you the amount a regular city would."

Joey led the wagon and horse to the man and they began haggling a price.

Gawl stood with his hands behind his head. His gaze wandered.

Fate sighed. She was clearly bored. "I'll be at the lake." She said before turning and walking down the street that led to the water.

Gawl watched her walk away. Might as well keep an eye on you. After a few moments he followed after her slowly. But kept out of sight.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:25 am

Fate took off her shoes and socks. Then rolled up her pants. She stepped into the water and splashed it onto her face. She felt relieved. She felt the wet sand under her feet and the shimmer of the desert sun on the clear water. She turned and walked back to dry land.

She sat down facing the water, and let her feet dry.

---------------

Gawl watched from behind a building near the water. Suddenly a rock hit him in the forehead. "hey. What the?" He looked around and saw a few children sticking their tongues out at him.

Feeling annoyed, Gawl chased after them.

The kids laughed and fled.

----------------

"Beautiful isn't it?" a girl sat beside Fate. She wore a cloak, and the hood was down. She had blond hair and big brown eyes. Appearing from her hair were two brown cat ears. Her gaze was on the shimmering water.

Fate examined her, then looked back out to the water. "It is. Even if it is hot as hell." She laughed.

The girl laughed as well. "Very true."

The two were silent for awhile.

"Your the one who attacked our Caravan aren't you?" Fate said.

The girl smiled. "Yep. The two that guarded you weren't that strong." The girl looked at Fate. "You can call me Sand Cat."

"I'm Fate. It's not to bold to think your name is an alias, is it?" Fate asked.

"Nope. Your right. It's not my real name." Sand Cat stood up and stretched, then yawned. "It's been a long day. See you around." With that she turned and walked away.

After putting her socks and shoes back on, Fate sat there watching the water.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:10 am

Joey found Fate. "So what should we do next?"

She looked at him. "What can we do? They will come after me, just because I can summon." She thought for a moment. "Is that why you saved me? Back when we first met?"

Joey looked out at the water. "I don't remember much from back then. Or why I came to save you."

"I see."

"God I hate kids." Gawl laughed landing near then and making a small crater in the sand. He looked at them. "What's going on?"

Joey sighed.

Fate jumped to her feet. "Just trying to figure out what we'll do next."

"That's simple. Joey wants to protect you, and you don't want to see Joey overexert himself. You simply have to make more summon pacts and learn how to control them without being worn out." Gawl put his hands behind his head. "It's pretty obvious if you ask me."

Joey and Fate looked at each other and blushed. Then laughed.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Once they were in a room in the town's Inn, they talked some more.

"I don't know where any summon spirit dais are." Fate said.

"Would Cloud know?" Joey asked.

"Maybe, but he can't talk. Or at least chooses not to." Fate thought. "And I've never heard of any other summoners. So it's not like there's anyone to help us."

"We'll just find someone who does know." Gawl said, leaning against a wall.

After talking some more the three eventually went to sleep.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:00 pm

It was an hour from sun rise. The three chose to leave before the hot sun had come up fully.

They reached the edge of town. Fate looked back, and stopped.

"What's wrong?" Joey asked looking at her.

Fate opened her book and began casting. "Quick Summon! Clouds!" Mist exploded out and a tiger appeared. "Cloud defend!" Fate asked.

Cloud's body suddenly exploded into mist and shot out over the town.

Joey and Gawl drew their swords. Still confused.

-------------

"Welto of the Shifting sands. Crush this city!" The man with white hair said. Pain surged through his body as he summoned.

From the sand a being rose up. He had sandy hairy and dark eyes. "Fine." Welto replied. He turned towards the city and lifted his arms. Sand surged forward.

-------------

Cloud's barrier formed just as the huge wave of sand was about to hit the city. There was a flash and both were gone.

Cloud appeared beside Fate and urged her and her companions on.

"Hurry." Fate said mounting Cloud.

Still confused, both got on the huge tiger.

Cloud roared and jumped over the sky to the north. He hit the sand and slid.

Fate saw a white haired man standing behind a sandy looking person.

"Ah, Cloud. It's been a long time." Welto said, his eyes examined the three on his back. "I see. You have made a pact with a summoner."

Cloud's fur stood on end. He motioned for the three to get off his back.

Fate jumped off, and let Cloud take her mana.

Gawl and Joey eyed the second man.

"Ever seen something like this?" Gawl asked.

"No, but this energy feels like summon magic." Joey replied.

"Welto, feel free to destroy them." Namaru said.

"Understood." Welto formed a sword of sand. he rushed forward.

Cloud formed armor and met with Welto's attack.

The two's battle took some distance away from the four of them.

Fate felt weak from the mana lose. She examined the white haired man. "He's feels like a summoner. But there's something different."

Namaru examined Fate. "So you are the summoner of the light summons. I am Namaru, summoner of the dark ones."

Gawl and joey took stance in front of Fate.

"Dark summons?" She asked.

Namaru laughed. "It seems my master knew a summoner existed. But I already have many dark summons. From what I can tell you only have one." He indicated Cloud. "Dark flames sprout out. Efreet, destroy her."

Black and red flames formed a creature with four arms. It roared in a dark voice. "I'll enjoy this." It said, rushing forward.

Joey's energy spiked, his wings shot out from his back as he went to stop Efreet. The two clashed in a burst of energy.

Joey flew back and slid across the sand.

Gawl took his chance. His demonic aura exploded. His grew fangs and his eyes went black.

"A demon?" Efreet suggested.

"Doesn't matter. Destroy them!" Namaru ordered.

With amazing speed Gawl closed the space between them, and attacked Namaru.

Namaru took a step back each attack, he dodged easily.

Efreet suddenly came between the two and attacked Gawl.

Gawl dodged and flipped back onto his feet. His sword flaming, "Demonic Strike!" Energy gathered within Gawl's blade as he attacked Efreet.

There was an explosion of power.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:42 am

Efreet seems to be holding back as he fought with Gawl.

"Useless." Namaru uttered. "Fine." He focused his mana as he prepared to summon a third time.

There was a flash of light. As the sun peaked and finally spread across the sky.

A small glint off some silver. A cloaked figure rushed towards Namaru. Two daggers shot out at him.

Namaru jumped back and pulled out one of his guns and deflected both.

The cloaked figure pulled out a Machete and attacked.

Namaru slid back as he blocked the attack, He flipped back and shot at the figure a few times.

The cloak rolled to the side and both stopped moving.

"I suggest you surrender or die." The cloaked person said from beneath her hood.

Suddenly a figures appeared from the behind sand dunes. All wearing the same type of clothing as the first. All of them leveled their weapons at Namaru and the summons.

Namaru relaxed and put his gun away. "Fine... Return!"

Efreet attacked Gawl one last time before he faded away in flames.

Welto roundhouse kicked Cloud into a dune, and made a huge crater. He turned to Namaru. "We'll meet again." he said to Cloud before he turned into sand and disappeared.

Namaru suddenly vanished.

The figure sheathed the machete and picked up the two daggers.

"Your the ones who attacked the caravan." Joey stated, standing in front of Fate.

The figures turned their weapons towards the three of them.

Gawl's demonic nature disappeared as he looked at the figures.

The first person raised and hand, and everyone stood down. She pulled down her hood and revealed her self.

"Sand Cat." Fate said.

"Your travelers. You have no right to condemn how we live." Sand Cat said back threateningly.

Cloud rose up, and shook the sand off himself. He felt Fate was calm, so he slowly approached those that surrounded her.

Fate felt Cloud near them, and sent him a signal to fade.

Cloud understood, and slowly vanished into mist.

Fate stood up, even though she felt weak. "Please, they are just protective of me. Don't hur...t.... Them." Fate suddenly fell forward, passed out.

Joey quickly kneeled down to her and put his hand on her forehead. "She has a fever."

"She over exerted herself." Gawl said.

Sand Cat made a few signals to the others and most of them disappeared from sight. While five others came forward.

"Come. We'll give you a place to rest. Palnor doesn't trust travelers anyway."

Reluctantly, Gawl and Joey watched as they put Fate on a hidden horse and began moving.

The group headed away from Palnor.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Gawl's hands were behind he head as he followed after the others. He noticed one of the raiders kept looking at him cautiously. He assumed the man feared demons.

A raider pulled out a cloth as they walked. He grabbed his canteen and wet it. He then tied it to Fate's forehead. He noticed Joey was looking at him. "A fever in the desert is a death sentence. Water will keep it down until we get her out of the sun." The man turned and continued. He seemed to not care what Joey thought.

Joey couldn't understand these people. For some reason he just was able to comprehend why they lived the way they did.

"We're here." Cat said.

As they peaked a dune, a canyon could suddenly be seen. Paths formed in the old rock, making intricate yet erratic web. Caves spread across the side of canyon that the sun didn't touch.

While Joey and Gawl never saw any outposts, both were sure travelers would have been seen before they got this far.

They headed down the path.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Cat singled the men and they moved off. While two took Fate off the horse and onto a stretcher. "You'll be staying at a place away from the others. Follow these men. I'll get a healer." She got serious. "Don't dare of thinking of causing trouble." With that she turned and headed down a different path.

----------------

The two men started walking.

Gawl and Joey followed. As they walked they looked into the odd cave to see houses had been built inside. Many glancing up as they passed.

Children were playing in a few.

"They don't look like people who attack caravans." Joey said to Gawl.

"Obviously they have their own reasons for doing these things." He looked at the back of Joey's head. "Seriously. How did you successfully protect her this long?"

Joey didn't reply.

-------------------

The sun beat down as Cat walked along. Her hood down.

"She's back." A few kids yelled out and ran towards her.

"Hello." Cat smiled at them. She leaned down. "Howse everything been today?"

"Good. The catacombs have been expanding." A kid said.

"Yea, and and,,,, new passages are fun to explore." Another smiled evilly.

"Now, now. Those places are dangerous. You can't just go in and do as you wish." Cat patted the girl's head. Then stood up. "I still got some work to do. Play with you later." She winked and walked away.

The kids awed then went back to what they had been doing.
    Tika_Keiga
    Tika_Keiga
    Admin

Character sheet
    The Town:

Post  Tika_Keiga Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 pm

A huge hand smacked Sand Cat across the face.

She turned back to face the man. Her eyes fierce.

The man had a huge build, and many scars. His right eye was gone, and wore a black patch to hide it. "You dare bring travelers here? This could undo us all."

"I am aware of the rules. But I..."

"But nothing." The man interrupted. "You have been with us for a long time. You remember when those paladin people found us. From that one person we let stay here. We were betrayed by saving him, and we lost half of our people before being able to escape." He sat down.

Cat didn't move. She remembered that time.

He was silent. "Sorry. Please explain yourself."

Cat did as order and told him of the caravan, then the summon battle.

"A white haired man... and three summoned beings?" He thought. "So you think she's a summoner. And this man her opposite?"

"I can't say until I actually talk to her. But she defended Palnor. The other two seem to be her guardians."

"I understand why you chose what you did. Sorry for hitting you." He got up and paced. "There hasn't been a summoner in two hundred years. At least not publicly. She'd be a helpful ally." He thought for awhile. "I ask you a favor. In return I'll allow a healer to visit, and them to freely leave this place. Naomi Takara, at least hear me out."

Cat looked at the man.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:48 am